Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
P.I.M.P. said:
Russ, What kind of set up do you have goin on with your brakes? It looks like you have two lines, are you running front and back with your hand lever?
Can't tell from the pictures, but I would guess it's a Dr. D. reverse lever.

I like the tye-dye plastic smile Blue and White looks good lol nice clean bike thumbsup
That's the crappy part about the blue plastic, every little bend shows up, but oh well, I was thinking about painting it anyways, although I do like the gytr graphics kit and seat.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Janitor Pants said:
Russ, what size of tires are those, I love the way they look.
They are 23-7-10 front and 22-11-9 rear. I really like the extra clearance, and with the ZPS shocks, it still handles great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
How you get the round one?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
P.I.M.P. said:
Russ, What kind of set up do you have goin on with your brakes? It looks like you have two lines, are you running front and back with your hand lever?
It's just the style of braided lines I have, instead of one line running to a "T" and then splitting, it runs two separate lines from the master cyl. down, one to each wheel.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
russ said:
Janitor Pants said:
Russ, what size of tires are those, I love the way they look.
They are 23-7-10 front and 22-11-9 rear. I really like the extra clearance, and with the ZPS shocks, it still handles great. :thumbsup:
I guess they are only an inch bigger than mine then, they look a lot bigger though, that was what I was going to run originally but I could only find 21 and 22's locally so that is what I ended up with.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Question for Janitor Pants how he got round stress mark

·
Registered
361 Posts
russ said:
P.I.M.P. said:
It's just the style of braided lines I have, instead of one line running to a "T" and then splitting, it runs two separate lines from the master cyl. down, one to each wheel.
Were you able to run them through the little hole that held the line original line?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Limited660 said:
Question for Janitor Pants how he got round stress mark
I'm not sure to tell you the truth, I bought it 2nd hand from a guy that had only put a few hours on it before rolling it down a pretty big dune, he sold it to me shortly after so it had a few marks on it already, I've rolled it twice since, once out of the back of my truck and once frontwards into a snow bank, but I didn't notice too many new stress marks.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
P.I.M.P. said:
russ said:
P.I.M.P. said:
Were you able to run them through the little hole that held the line original line?
Yup, just had to feed them one at a time. Also running YFZ dual piston calipers, just in case you were wondering.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Janitor Pants said:
P.I.M.P. said:
I like the tye-dye plastic smile Blue and White looks good lol nice clean bike thumbsup
That's the crappy part about the blue plastic, every little bend shows up, but oh well, I was thinking about painting it anyways, although I do like the gytr graphics kit and seat.
You would think Yamaha would have figured it out and corrected the white splotching? After a year or two.
My sons 2000 Blaster was really bad, the Banshee has it, the Raptor has the leasy streaking, but it's got a few.

Painting is on my mind too, especially after seeing Temptations paint job coming together!
Man it looks great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Temptation said:
Little dusty,but here it is done without the Clear coat. Still have the clear and some finishing touches to do and it will be ready for the bike after I get it all painted.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p254/Temptations_revenge/DSC02121.jpg[/img
[/quote]

Soooooo....Whats the wifey say about you hanging all them plastics around the house.....Mines would kill me... :lol:

·
The Sticker Guy
1,375 Posts
They are at my buddy's house... LOL :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I am no dummy..LOL

P.S. Did ya notice I cut the lip off all the way around it and I straightened the front fender by where the headlight goes, gives it the 450 look SOME...??

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Nice job! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see it mounted on the bike. 8)

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey janitorpants... dont know if youve ever tried it... but take a heat gun to those plastics.... itll make those wear marks fade and u prob wont even notice em after!!!! i did it to my freinds before we sold the plastics and u could barely tell

·
Registered
908 Posts
rancidharley said:
hey janitorpants... dont know if youve ever tried it... but take a heat gun to those plastics.... itll make those wear marks fade and u prob wont even notice em after!!!! i did it to my freinds before we sold the plastics and u could barely tell
Thanks I will have to try that.

41 - 60 of 147 Posts