Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post and I figured I would start with a bang. I bought two 2021 Yamaha Raptor 90’s last year for my kids to ride. They absolutely love them and we all have a blast.

However, I wanted to increase their late evening visibility for themselves and other riders. Not only do I want my kids to see the terrain better (usually just following behind me on designated trails :D) but I also wanted other riders (especially UTV riders) to be able to see us too from a distance.

After much effort, I decided this was the best mounting location for a Baja Designs S1 LED light pod. I tried different mounting brackets and locations and this ended up being the best I came up with so far:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

tad bit closer view:
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

I used a purpose built Baja Designs ATV/dirt bike wiring harness to run the Baja Designs S1 forward projecting light:
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface

Made a very clean install! And, I can also add a rear light too. I haven’t bought it yet but it will most likely be a single Baja Designs “rock light.”

I will post some night shots and desert riding shots within the coming months. I am just waiting for the cooler weather temps. What do you all think?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great - Thinking about doing the same. Why Baja Designs S1 LED light pod ?
Great question. I am truly a sucker for name brand lighting. I like companies like Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics, VisionX, Rigid Industries, KC lights, etc. I just think they have a superior product compared to a lot of the knock off style stuff on the market.

I really didn’t want to draw too much power off my raptor 90’s electrical system. Due to this, I looked at name brand companies and their smallest single LED light. For me, it was a toss up between the Diode Dynamics SSC1 Pro and Baja Designs S1. Both use the CREE XHP50 LED so I really can’t go wrong either way.

It just came down to previous experiences I have had with Baja Designs product/ customer service. Not saying anything bad about diode dynamics. Regardless, I wanted something high quality, purpose built and very nice. Additionally, the wiring harness from Baja Designs was perfect and complemented the Baja Designs S1 light great. So that is why I picked this particular light over the vast competition.

I am curious regarding your opinion on lighting. Is there a different route you would have considered? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts