Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamalube 15w30....Worth the $19.99 cost from a big Yamaha shop near me? I need oil today so I don't have time to order something different. I've read some threads on here about yamalube but none mentioned weight or price. I dont mind shelling out for it if its a HIGH QUALITY product. Also they wanted $13 for a oil filter???

Thanks in advance,

Greg

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
$19.99 a quart?!? HOLY SHIT!? It's like $6 dollars here. And the filter is only $3-4 I think.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
$19.99 a quart seems REALLY high for Yamalube, but for an OEM filter $13 does sound about right, at least as far as prices around upstate NY go, give or take a buck or two.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going with Mobil 1 4t 10w40...ughh 19.99 a quart thats crazy!!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
You should have been able to get a gallon for that price, or maybe a few bucks more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't get all this new technology. Your oil is going to get dirty before it loses lubricity content.

Buy a good, name-brand oil and have fun.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
203 Posts
Anyone ever use Rotella? Excellent quality at 13 bux a gallon! Makes it easier on the ole' purse to change oil often. I've been looking for a reason not to use it but haven't been able to find one yet. Everyone I've spoken with that uses it really likes it..... 15/40 for summer.

Can anyone here give me a good reason to reconsider?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I use it in the YFZ, heard nothing but good things, but I haven't had a motor to run any oil in the Raptor for a while, so I can't tell you on that one, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I would'nt pay $5 a Qt for yamalube...19 is crazy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah.....R A P E! My goodness...don't but it. Hey 150, got to Wallyworld and buy yourself a gallon on 15/40 Rotella and have at it. You'll get two and a quarter oil changes for 6 bux less than the one with the rediculous price tag....that isn't a n y b e t t e r.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah.....R A P E! My goodness...don't but it. Hey 150, got to Wallyworld and buy yourself a gallon on 15/40 Rotella and have at it. You'll get two and a quarter oil changes for 6 bux less than the one with the rediculous price tag....that isn't a n y b e t t e r.
Walmart is where I scored the Mobil 1 4T from, 9 bones a qt. I ran it all day today. I like so far!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've heard a lot of people run the Shell Rotella T. I use that in my diesel truck. I couldn't find anything that said it is ok for wet clutches. Don't we need a wet clutch specific oil in the 700?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes...So I've read.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Rotella is JASO MA (motorcycle, wet clutch) certified, so you will be just fine using it in your bikes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts