Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Yamalube 20W-40 in my Rappy 700R 06. Is this oil any good or should I change to amsoil or any other?

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I wouldn't overanlayze it...if you're within spec as far as the manual's recommendations, and you change it at an adequate interval for its riding conditions and amount of use, then you are good.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I use yamalube myself, have for years on all sorts of different bikes/quads. Never had a problem with it and it seems to hold up great.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I use Amsoil but I would not have a problem using Yamalube. It's one of the best non-synthetic oils out there.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Talljess said:
ams...ams...ams..its worth the money..
+1...+1...+1..

:grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

As I stated in another oil post I've used Amsoil since 1988 or so in everything from big rigs, to bikes, cars, trucks, and quads with never a problem of any kind......IMO, well worth the money spent..------>> Become a dealer and buy all you want at cost for yourself, thats what I did back in '89...... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Getting back to the Yamalube thing I used it in my Banshee for the intial break in, then switched to Amsoil.....Yamalube worked fine.. 8)

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use Amsoil 20w-40 some people run a 0w-40 but i would like to stay with the weight the manufacturer recommends.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Broke in my raptor 700 with mineral oil (like recommended by mototuneusa.com) and changed over Castrol R4 superbike 5W40, i use this oil on all of my 4-stroke engines (beside the raptor i have 5 lawnequipent motors running).

However i prefer a Yamaha quad, must say that Honda is the superb engine-builer ever, have a 2 cil/22 hp lawnmower, believe me or not, after running 60 hrs with this oil, even the color of the oil (red) had not changed. Never seen that before!!

This oil is perfect for wet-clutch machines like our Raptor's and is very resistant against extreme temperatures.

No need to say that this topic can go on for ever; whenever you are within specs and satisfied with performance be happy :eek: ;)

But for me, Castrol :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.