Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i run yamalube 20w40 that i change every 15-20 hours if i changed to amsoil should i change it less often how often to you guys change your oil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
I would think goint to a full syn. you should be able to extend your change intervals. :thumbsup:
 
G

·
i think you should use what the munufacturer recomends
all these guys act like they no more than yamaha
yamaha would not recommend something that would hurt thier products
:metal:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
yexirota said:
i think you should use what the munufacturer recomends
all these guys act like they no more than yamaha
yamaha would not recommend something that would hurt thier products
:metal:
I think you're right...Yamaha wouldnt recommend soethinig that would hurt their product (your quad) But I also think that Yamaha would recommend something if it made them more money (Yamalube) I cant imagine that amount of money they make on this oil! If every dealership, and every person that doesnt know better or just doesnt care uses Yamalube, thats millions in the pocket of Yamaha. If you were Yamaha, would you recommend to people to go use XYZ brand b/c if you do it makes your quad run smoother, and quieter if you were going to lose all that money?

When it all comes down to it...money is what talkes, if it wasnt true, then Yamaha would have already recalled the TPS, or from the factory installed gussets..etc to make the quad perfect..but they didnt...why? B/c it woulc take money out of their pocket
 
G

·
I agree...

Every manufacturer has a certain brand they push. They like to make money where ever they can.
If you switch to a full synthetic you will run a bit cooler and there may be slightly less noise. IMHO it doesnt matter if you use dino or syn oil, as long as you change it when you should. Old oil=pissed off machine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
I've used yamalube for many many years without a problem and I see no reason for me to switch so I'll be sticking with it. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
You have to ask yourself who knows more about your Raptor, the Yamaha factory engineers who built your machine in conjunction with the Yamalube technicians :thumbsup: or an aftermarket oil company that has never ever built a machine ? :eek:
Yamalube is tried and true, avialble every where and better priced than Amsoil.....you decide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
YamahaGenuineParts.com said:
You have to ask yourself who knows more about your Raptor, the Yamaha factory engineers who built your machine in conjunction with the Yamalube technicians :thumbsup: or an aftermarket oil company that has never ever built a machine ? :eek:
Yamalube is tried and true, avialble every where and better priced than Amsoil.....you decide.
I bet they get it from the lowest bidder.....oil companies that bid probably have to meet certain standards but i bet its lowest bid. That’s fine because maintenance is the key anyway. I run Amsoil but I don’t care about the extra couple of bucks and it’s readily available to me.
 
G

·
YamahaGenuineParts.com said:
You have to ask yourself who knows more about your Raptor, the Yamaha factory engineers who built your machine in conjunction with the Yamalube technicians :thumbsup: or an aftermarket oil company that has never ever built a machine ? :eek:
Yamalube is tried and true, avialble every where and better priced than Amsoil.....you decide.
Hmmm... I didn't know the oil junkies got with the engine buffs to build the engine and what not... I forgot that amsoil and royal blue and such havent tested their products...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,480 Posts
Before you guy's start calling out Amsoil you really should do your homework..... :unsure:

Is Yamaha an oil refinery or a bike/quad builder ?? :3question:

Who do you think makes Yamalube ?? :3question:

By all means use what you like..... 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,480 Posts
YamahaGenuineParts.com said:
You have to ask yourself who knows more about your Raptor, the Yamaha factory engineers who built your machine in conjunction with the Yamalube technicians :thumbsup: or an aftermarket oil company that has never ever built a machine ? :eek:
Yamalube is tried and true, avialble every where and better priced than Amsoil.....you decide.
After looking at your user name I see why your such a fan of Yamalube..... :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
LOL, What does yamaha know about oil? I have over 9000 miles on my 660 using regular castrol 20-50 bought at walmart.Over 5000 of those were WOT. and it dont have a rattle in it. I run Amsoil in my Sportbike and it runs cooler and gets 5 mpg better.
 
G

·
Big Mike said:
Before you guy's start calling out Amsoil you really should do your homework..... :unsure:

Is Yamaha an oil refinery or a bike/quad builder ?? :3question:

Who do you think makes Yamalube ?? :3question:

By all means use what you like..... 8)
I wasn't calling amsoil out at all. I was however calling yamahagenuineparts out... Since when do oil and engine techs get together to build an engine? I agree - run what you like as long as you change it when you should
Rapt0rMan said:
I agree...

Every manufacturer has a certain brand they push. They like to make money where ever they can.
If you switch to a full synthetic you will run a bit cooler and there may be slightly less noise. IMHO it doesnt matter if you use dino or syn oil, as long as you change it when you should. Old oil=pissed off machine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,480 Posts
Rapt0rMan said:
Big Mike said:
Before you guy's start calling out Amsoil you really should do your homework..... :unsure:

Is Yamaha an oil refinery or a bike/quad builder ?? :3question:

Who do you think makes Yamalube ?? :3question:

By all means use what you like..... 8)
I wasn't calling amsoil out at all. I was however calling yamahagenuineparts out... Since when do oil and engine techs get together to build an engine? I agree - run what you like as long as you change it when you should
Rapt0rMan said:
I agree...

Every manufacturer has a certain brand they push. They like to make money where ever they can.
If you switch to a full synthetic you will run a bit cooler and there may be slightly less noise. IMHO it doesnt matter if you use dino or syn oil, as long as you change it when you should. Old oil=pissed off machine!
not directed at you.... 8)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top