Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought and installed a Pro Aluminum "Pro Y" slip on exhaust... and a K&N Air Filter... have not even rode it yet... but it does rev on the trailer just fine and seems to run great... BUT like i said have not rode it yet... I was hoping that someone on here might have an idea of what Jets might work best for this set up... FYI 2004 660. Thanks in advance ...

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
If you've purchased a drop in filter and are leaving the airbox assembly intact then I'd try 145/150 or 150/155 on the mains and tweak the fuel screws. Pilots and needles should be fine as is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot... and if I was to drill holes in the airbox?? would that be a better idea? bigger jets? Thanks again..

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a similiar set up, and after trying out a few different jets....the 145/150 setup worked best. You don't have to drill holes on the airbox lid, however, make sure you cut out the two flaps inside you lid by the snorkel end that sucks in the air so that you have a better airflow. Don't forget to turn the air/fuel mixture screw out 3 full turns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i got the carb off and all re-jetted... BUT when I tried to adjust the air/gas mix screw...it was SO tight that I screwed up the head of the screw... took it to work to get some help... turns out we could not get the darn thing out... ended up screwing up the threads and the screw never broke loose? well pretty sure I screwed up the whole thing... and now im looking for a whole new carb... AAAAHHHH!!! so frustrating...!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ouuuuch!! Sorry to hear that. There are impact screwdrivers available that you can use next time you encounter that problem. Of course, you don't use a hammer on the carb. however, the weight of the screwdriver gives you leverage to break the screw loose. Also make sure you are using the correct size. Good luck to you!!!! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts