Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This is my first post. Hope I searched the correct way for what I was looking for and did not create this in error. I bought a Raptor 350 brand new back in 2005. It was my first major purchase at age 18. I'm quite embarrassed to admit that I dogged it out for the first 5 years of ownership to the point it has sat non working for the last 10 years but I recently got it running (really well actually now that I have a tiny bit more knowledge about carbs and mechanics in general). What I am trying to find out is a bit pointless but it keeps bothering me so I thought this would be the best place to ask....
As I've been rebuilding my quad, every website I have purchased from I've been using the model code YFM350 or YFM350R. It's not a special edition (that I know of) so I don't use YFM350SE. After getting my quad running great, I just so happened to stumble across my owners manual in great condition actually. The first thing I noticed was that the manual is for a YFM350S. At this point it's apparent that's it's just about identical to a YFM350R since all parts have fit it, but does anyone know what the "S" indicates for my YFM350S? No websites I've come across have that model option for 2005 or any other years for that matter. Searching this website I could only find a thread about a guy who owns one overseas but said he got it in the US. Not a whole lot of info on it. Anyone have any more info on this specific "S" model? Thanks in advance.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,174 Posts
This may not be what you're looking for, but for replacement parts, You have YFM350, or Raptor 350. Additional lettering like S, R or SE, relate to special color, shocks or added features like nerd bars or exhaust.

Reactions: rs7jr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This may not be what you're looking for, but for replacement parts, You have YFM350, or Raptor 350. Additional lettering like S, R or SE, relate to special color, shocks or added features like nerd bars or exhaust.
Hey, appreciate the reply. It's not the exact answer I'm looking for but it does confirm what I had suspected so thanks. Now to find out what that "S" means about mine in particular. It's just plain blue and is definitely not a special edition. I don't think the shocks are different than stock and it doesn't have nerf bars or any add-ons that I can tell. When I take the spark arrestor out of the exhaust it does sound like no other raptor 350 I've heard. But there's no brand name on it or anything.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You can try calling Yamaha in California...they may or may not know, lol.
I've called a couple times about discontinued part numbers, and the people were very friendly and spent alot of time looking for answers.
However, even Their records are sketchy, as they have no record of several of the 660 gytr parts ever even exhisting(like the brake pedal and starter cover).
Also, they may not be open because of lockdowns.
800-962-7926

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can try calling Yamaha in California...they may or may not know, lol.
I've called a couple times about discontinued part numbers, and the people were very friendly and spent alot of time looking for answers.
However, even Their records are sketchy, as they have no record of several of the 660 gytr parts ever even exhisting(like the brake pedal and starter cover).
Also, they may not be open because of lockdowns.
800-962-7926
Thanks for the info. Wouldn't hurt to try. I'll let y'all know if I find anything out. It's crazy how obscure some information has gotten in such a short time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts