Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was at my local toy store yesterday and I was looking at a new 09 leftover YFZ450 and a 10 Raptor 700. I still have my 01 660 and it runs fine but I want to get something newer especially for when we have a few guys upstate and not everybody has a quad. I can get a great deal on the 450 being that it's an 09 and the only downside I really see is no reverse. But what would you guys get? I do mostly trail riding, not much track. And a few jumps here and there. Thanks!

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
:) I would go to different toy store and get great price on leftover 2009 700 raptor. great all around quad for all types of riding. and easy for everybody to ride. my 2 cents.;)

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
450's just don't excite me like my Rappy does.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Another +1 for a 700. If you did some sort of racing I'd go with the 450, but for everything else, its hard to beat a 700.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
With your ridding style, I would go with the 700. When I bought mine, I sat on the 450 and hated how small it felt. Then I got on the 700 and never looked back. 450s are built for racing, and the 700 is built for comfort and torque. I love being able to be in 3rd gear at 5mph, and being able to goose the throttle and power up a hill no problem. It's definatly worth it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree. 700. I mostly ride trails as well... I couldn't live without reverse. Well, I could but I'd have a sore back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have both and prefer the 700 for the trails when i want to cruise and the 450 for when i want to race. both have their ups and downs

·
Registered
701 Posts
i have a 700 and for trails i wouldn't want to ride anything else. the reverse in my opinion pays for itself when just unloading and loading it!!! Love my 700 i don't regret it at all. I looked at the 450 as well but that reverse made it an easy decision for me. just my .02.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts