Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 07 450 front shocks yesterday.
Shocks=250.00 delivered to my door
3 hours installing........
absolutely PRICELESS.........
this has been the best mod so far, Damn what a difference just tooling around the house, I will run it full bore on saturday.
Thank you to all you Rappy nuts out there for all the input and write up on this mod...
:thumbsup:
John

·
Registered
211 Posts
I agree :thumbsup: Best mod I have done.

·
Registered
90 Posts
how hard is it to put those shocks in do u have to cut the a-arms or anything or is it just a simple bolt on thing thanks

Cody ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got mine on and was going to use them this week until the 14 in of snow!!!!...was 75f a couple weeks ago now snow....if you dont like the weather in Alberta...wait 5 mins!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
codyhcahoon said:
how hard is it to put those shocks in do u have to cut the a-arms or anything or is it just a simple bolt on thing thanks

Cody ;)
Was not that hard, more time , than anything....
Yes had to cut a hole in the A-arm in the shock mount area, grind a little of the upper shock mount, and there you have it....about an hour and a 1/2 on first one, the other side an hour.....and then 1/2 hour to clean up and test................well worth every dollar, and every minute....................... 8)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had access to a plasma cutter. Less than 20 minutes total.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an 01' 660r. Is there a specific year model 450 shock I need to buy?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I think they all work, but pre-05 will fit with a little work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
raced last weekend for the first time with tthe new 450 shocks..WOOOOW unbelivable the difference, the whoops were way easier on the arms, neck does not hurt from bottoming out...best 200$ ever

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Just put my 07 SE yfz shocks on last night and went riding today. I dont think they are adjusted right though. Seems too stiff. Me and a buddy were hitting a small jump and another friend who was watching said that my a-arms were not flexing nearly as much as his

I ride fast woods trails, about 160lbs, and if I ever hit a jump its only like 2 foot. I want a soft ride. How do I adjust them?

·
Registered
69 Posts
turn down the preload, and adjust the compression screw...so it compresses faster..i believe it out al the way is less stiff on the screw. there is write up on here somewhere about adjusting them.

jake

·
Registered
285 Posts
sigman said:
Just got my 07 450 front shocks yesterday.
Shocks=250.00 delivered to my door
3 hours installing........
absolutely PRICELESS.........
this has been the best mod so far, Damn what a difference just tooling around the house, I will run it full bore on saturday.
Thank you to all you Rappy nuts out there for all the input and write up on this mod...
:thumbsup:
John
Did it lower the front end, and if so, how much?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts