Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm hopefully getting a 660. I'd like to start throwing some simple mods at it right away. On that list is a bumper, heel guards, and grab bar among other more important things. As I have already learned, 660 parts are already hard to come by. I know that DG, IMS, and GYTR made heel guards for the 660 but all are now discontinued and nearly impossible to find. So, my questions are on fitment. I have heard that YFZ bumpers bolt up to the 660. I seem to remember people putting YFZ heel guards on a 660 too and I would like to know if its possible. Sweet heel guards are everywhere for the 450, specifically for my taste, the Alba Pro Elite. Will they work?

Also, I hate the stock 660 tail light. So I searched Ebay and found several sweet cheap LEDs for R1s, but with incorporated turn signals. Could I make one work?

Sorry for all the newbish questions, it's kind of like I am learning the ropes all over again since I sold the 250. ;)

·
Registered
521 Posts
yfz bumpers bolt up? a may still beable to get a blingstar victory then...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I have heard. I did a few searches on here and on Google and found a post that said the 450 bumper will work on a 660. That would be great if they did, same with the heel guards.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I'm sure the bumpers will fit. My friend has one and the mount look the same but I have never swapped them to be %100 sure. Might take a little fab work to get the heel guards to fit but it would work I bet but I have never seen it done.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you have to open up the mounting tabs on the 450 bumper to get it on the 660 frame.
Open them up as in drill 'em out or spread the mounts themselves?

My main concern is on the 450 heel guards though since I hate the stock plastic ones. And the only all in one nerfs I can find are the $250 ProArmor ones...And the ugly UM ones.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump...Anybody know more on this?

·
Registered
273 Posts
moose makes a nice nerf heal guard

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah I think I saw those. I may or may not go with full nerfs though. My brother's Predator bottoms the nerfs out on one of the trails we ride

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
450 Front bumpers will not fit a 660, 450 rear bumper will fit a 660............

·
Registered
521 Posts
450 Front bumpers will not fit a 660, 450 rear bumper will fit a 660............
ive read a few places the only thing not causing a direct bolt up is the yfz bottom mount is about 1/4" wider than a 660.... what problem do you know of?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had it other way around...YFZ bumpers WILL bolt up to 660 frames. YFZ bumpers are bit wider on the top mount so you need a pair of spacers. My brother ran a proarmor bullhorn type bumper off a YFZ and had to cut couple spacers because the top mount was a bit wider on each side and grind a lil up top for it would slide all the way back onto the frame.

Will try to get pics for you

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool, so thats a 450 bumper? And all I would really need to do is put some washers in there it seems. And is that a 04-09 regular YFZ or is it from a YFZ R/X? I found a nice Tag for the 660 for cheap but now I can't find it so I might get the Alba bumper and grab bar since they are cheap and nice looking...Assuming it would work

1 - 14 of 14 Posts