1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
They should, mine did.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I don't have stainless lines because I don't got it like that but my stock lines worked fine. If I remember correctly though, the YFZ calipers have the line coming in at a different angle than the stock calipers do so I had to flip my stock lines.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
the yfz calipers have dual pistons per caliper and the pads are much larger than the raptor pads. All I had to do was trim my dust shield to give the calipers room to bolt up. IMO its a very good upgrade.

·
Registered
350 Posts
How much would this cost? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
03Rappy660 said:
How much would this cost? Is it worth it?
depends on what you can find a used set of yfz front calipers for. I found mine for 65 shipped with good pads still on them, well worth it to me, if you can go fast, you need to be able to stop fast as well.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
got mine for 110 with the pads, rotors,..shipped

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well trust me I completely understand needing to stop as fast as you go. I can't get the video uploaded of my truck but the Brembo big brake kit was a must. 700+rwhp/800+ftlb is great but if you cant stop it can all go into pieces quickly.

Is it quite a big difference in performance? Would it be like going to drilled/slotted rotors and better calipers?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It's worth the time but I doupt you'd see the full improvement with the stock lines, you'd be best off to get a set of braided stainless to with the calipers. They run about $90 I think.
If you read the other forums the yfz guys envy the trx450r brakes, the mastercylinder is a little larger on the 450r and under $100.

My calipers cost me $85 or $100 I think, no pads or rotors, should have looked further I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts