Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my 06' yfz shocks and the rear end started sliding out on every turn. I stiffened up the front shocks so that it kind of fixed it, but not completely. I was wondering if anybody else had any good settings for their shocks for the track or jumping. It would be cool if somebody counted their threads on both the front yfz shocks and the back shock. I weigh about 200 pounds fully clothed and helmeted. Thanks in advance for any responses!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Did you adjust the ride height in the rear after installing the front shocks? The reason I ask is the 450 shocks are about 3/4 of an in shorter. If you don't level back out you throw off the weight bias.

Craig,

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
crallin said:
I installed my 06' yfz shocks and the rear end started sliding out on every turn. I stiffened up the front shocks so that it kind of fixed it, but not completely. I was wondering if anybody else had any good settings for their shocks for the track or jumping. It would be cool if somebody counted their threads on both the front yfz shocks and the back shock. I weigh about 200 pounds fully clothed and helmeted. Thanks in advance for any responses!
I run 11 threads down on the front of my yfz shocks. I believe they are stock at 6 threads? What ever it is stock, I put 5 more turns down.......I only weigh 185

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
5 down on the YFZs and 3 up on the rear, 2 clicks from all the way soft on the front and 2 clicks from all the way firm on the rear. This is the setup I raced MX with at 160lbs.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies. It sounds similar to what I am doing except I made the rear stiffer because I kept bottoming out with the compression set two clicks away from as stiff as it gets. Is there a way to increase the compression such as add gas so that I don't keep bottoming out? I have increased the preload in the rear, but every time I do I have to increase the preload on the fronts so that it doesn't push into the turns. Does anybody else's quad feel really unbalanced suspension wise?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I probably will. Do you have any recommendations on who to go with? Cost? I mainly ride track and love to jump. I would have gone with the YFZ, but you gotta love the jetting (no jetting) on the Raptor. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
GTThunder, re-valve and re-sprung

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VelociRaptor said:
air said:
TCS Revalve and respring
Thats the place Im sending mine off to over the winter.
I was visiting their website and I noticed a bunch of packages. Which one are you getting Velociraptor? Thanks for the names guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts