Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i'm planning on +2 a-arm's should I skip the yfz shocks. Will they work on a +2 a-arm?

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
Here's a few shots of my 04 YFZ OEM fronts on ASR +2/+1 fronts. Preload is cranked down pretty low because that's how I like my bike to sit. You can crank it up and get some more ground clearance.

Far left, front unloaded

Front loaded

Side unloaded

Side loaded

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I wish I could crank down my preload that much... I like that ride height but I'm bottoming out with my ASR's and yfz shocks regularly with my preload way up. I hope the TCS ZPS shocks I'm planning to get drop my ride height significantly, because my rappy is way too tall.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
pewterpecker said:
I wish I could crank down my preload that much... I like that ride height but I'm bottoming out with my ASR's and yfz shocks regularly with my preload way up. I hope the TCS ZPS shocks I'm planning to get drop my ride height significantly, because my rappy is way too tall.
Check out the pics of my bike in the show your raptor thread, it should give you a real good idea what the TCS ZPS shocks will sit like, since that's what I have.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Heres a copy of pics of my '05 Raptor before I sold it. I put EPIC +2 A-Arms and YFZ450 shocks on it and it made a world of difference.

-Johnny

·
Registered
827 Posts
his graphics kit is the CT Racing.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a few shots of my 04 YFZ OEM fronts on ASR +2/+1 fronts. Preload is cranked down pretty low because that's how I like my bike to sit. You can crank it up and get some more ground clearance.

Far left, front unloaded

Front loaded

Side unloaded

Side loaded

did you have to shave off the top tabs to fit the 450 shocks with the +2 arms?

·
Master of the Electron
15,417 Posts
Yes - a very small amount of surgery is necessary. File, Moto-tool or grinder will suffice. Great mod!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts