Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the topic of these, would they help in any way, lowering and riding smoother is wat i really mean, cause ive heard different things, just wanted to know. thanks

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
In case you haven't seen it, there's a sticky on the top of this forum with some usefull info on the subject. They are an inexpensive improvement, and depending on how you set them up, they can lower your quad as well.

A couple Q's I have to add:

Someone told me that 05+ YFZ shocks were the best because <04 the rebound was too high. But then with the way people are describing it, the rebound is adjustable on the YFZ shocks? Are there particular model years of shocks we should be looking for?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
They're all good. Rebound is adjustable, 05 and 06 saw changes in valving and possibly also spring rate to soften up the ride. IMO I prefer the older 04 shocks for raptors because of the increased weight of the bike, especially when pairing with wider a-arms.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maddog, so i could get the shocks and not have anything to worry about and put them on, i have everything stock for suspension, except all the procedures i saw in the sticky.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
05rappy said:
maddog, so i could get the shocks and not have anything to worry about and put them on, i have everything stock for suspension, except all the procedures i saw in the sticky.
Shocks will work better once you adjust them, but the notching and trimming outlined in the sticky are all that is necessary to have the bike up and running.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would my bike sit lower

1 - 8 of 8 Posts