Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search but couldnt really find the answer Im looking for.

I know what putting them on the quad will help but how much does it stiffen up the ride. Im thinking of buying some but I kinda like the soft feel of the 700 verses a 450 and Im not sure how much of this is just the shocks.

If it stiffens the ride alot is there another option for better handling and ride without making it extremely stiff. I know the 2 things kinda go together I just want something kinda inbetween the softness of a raptor and the stiffness of a 450.Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
They do feel quite a bit stiffer then the 700 shocks. Even on the softest settings. I too loved the softness of the stock setup and I was hesitant to swith to the 450 setup and when I first did I though it was gonna be way to stiff. But once I got out and hit whoops and stuff the feeling was gone and replaced with joy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probally going to give them a shot just got to find a pair cheap enough I can get my money back if I dont like them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The YFZ shocks are much stiffer as compared to the stock shocks. But keep the good points in mind:

The more you ride with the YFZ shocks the more you get used to the feel. After a few rides you won't even remember how plush the ride used to be

Since the shocks are fully adjustable so you can soften the ride. You also have the adjustability to suit a particular riding area or race (you can ajust the shocks stiffer for riding MX or softer for XC)

I was slightly put off by the harsh ride of these shocks initially, but now I love them! The best part about these shocks is the harder you ride them the better they work. They were well worth the money.

Also keep in mind that if you find that you can't live with the ride you can send them to TCS and have them revalved and resprung for around $450.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I installed 07 yfz 450 shocks on my bike. At first the lowering of the bike was ackward but the handling was awesome. The adjustmet is excellent.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
i want some different shocks on mine. I wish i wouldve bought the SE with the adjustable on there already but i just dont want to come off of 7 or 800 bucks at one time for shocks.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I purchased the 07 shocks for $350 on e-bay. The ride is worth it too me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got my 06 for $255 shipped on ebay. World of difference!

·
Registered
338 Posts
It was buy it now.I had been on e-bay auctions for 2 weeks for 06 shocks (all going for 250-350).So when 07 shocks for 350 came I bought.All I can say is amazing difference.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uetzie said:
It was buy it now.I had been on e-bay auctions for 2 weeks for 06 shocks (all going for 250-350).So when 07 shocks for 350 came I bought.All I can say is amazing difference.
Same with me I kept watching ebay and they were all going over $300 for ones that looked to be in great shape. There was a set of 06 that had a buy it now for $300 and I was debating on getting them. I decided when I got home to buy them and when I logged in the were gone lol. Next moring I checked to see if any new ones came on and there was a set of 07 YFZ SE shocks with a buy it now for $400 shipped from a good seller so I bought them.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Best deals i found are at www.yfzcentral.com i got a new set off of an 06 for 175 shipped keep an eye there cause thats where all those guys strip their brand new quads and get rid of the parts pretty cheap

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
MTNEER MAN said:
Best deals i found are at www.yfzcentral.com i got a new set off of an 06 for 175 shipped keep an eye there cause thats where all those guys strip their brand new quads and get rid of the parts pretty cheap
Thats close to what I paid off Ebay, $180 brand new shipped for 2006 takeoffs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts