Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have an oppotunity to pick up a set of 07 YFZ450 take-offs from someone for 325.00 to my door. (NEW NO MILES)
My question is are the rims better than the Raptor rims, I read somewhere that the YFZ 450 uses a double rolled lip simaliar to the ITP PRO GP rim.
The tires are Dunlop KT 341 fronts, and KT355 Rears, which Dunlop states where designed for the YFZ 450.......any thoughts??
has anyone made this upgrade???
I have my new 07 YFZ shocks due today.....can't wait to mount those puppies up...
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i wouldnt do it but thats my .02 if memory serves me right tires are @200 for the 4(depending on which ones you like) and i think the ITP PRO 9's are @240 for the set. so for a little more money i would go that route, or spend less and keep the stock rims and just buy tires.
mike

·
Registered
183 Posts
go the aftermarket route. those tires aren't gonna last very long. save for some good 6 ply tires.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
sigman said:
Hello Everyone,

I have an oppotunity to pick up a set of 07 YFZ450 take-offs from someone for 325.00 to my door. (NEW NO MILES)
My question is are the rims better than the Raptor rims, I read somewhere that the YFZ 450 uses a double rolled lip simaliar to the ITP PRO GP rim.
The tires are Dunlop KT 341 fronts, and KT355 Rears, which Dunlop states where designed for the YFZ 450.......any thoughts??
has anyone made this upgrade???
I have my new 07 YFZ shocks due today.....can't wait to mount those puppies up...
Thanks,
John
I wouldn't call it an upgrade. The wheels are exactly the same on the yfz as they are on the 660, 700, and a number of other yamaha sport machines. The rear tires spin a lot, the fronts are good though. 325 isn't a deal though, you should be able to get that set for around 200-250.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.................will go with ITP, or Razr's :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.