Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you yfz450 front calipers bolt up to the rappy? Is it a worthy upgrade? My front brakes suck ass and I need to figure out a way to fix them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
I’m surprised to hear you say that. It doesn’t take much to lock mine up, especially in the dirt.

When was the last time you flushed the fluid in them? If you didn’t know - brake fluid can absorb moisture over time and that makes them feel spongy. You should be replacing the fluid every other year

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m surprised to hear you say that. It doesn’t take much to lock mine up, especially in the dirt.

When was the last time you flushed the fluid in them? If you didn’t know - brake fluid can absorb moisture over time and that makes them feel spongy. You should be replacing the fluid every other year
I changed brake fluid, cables, pads and rotors...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,021 Posts

Agree. Mine is stock hoses and everything, still really easy to lock the wheels up. Try rebuilding or replacing the master cylinder if you cant get good pressure by bleeding the lines

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
That’s good. So what exactly are the symptoms you’re having?
If the lever feels firm, but it’s not providing much stopping power, try hitting the rotors with brake clean and scrubbing with a microfiber to deglaze them. Then take the quad out and bed the new pads in hard and hot.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
That’s good. So what exactly are the symptoms you’re having?
If the lever feels firm, but it’s not providing much stopping power, try hitting the rotors with brake clean and scrubbing with a microfiber to deglaze them. Then take the quad out and bed the new pads in hard and hot.
Good point, i hadnt thought about the rotors being glazed. Had to do that my 2006 Buell XB12. Thanks alot 38, I kinda miss that bike now. (Sniffling, holding back tears)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts