Raptor Forum banner

If had the choice to buy any of these quads, which one would you take?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
http://www.can-amds450.com/International.aspx?language=fr-CA&utm_source=frFR&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=fla_DS450_146x248_frFR&utm_campaign=DS450

The new CAN-AM DS450 will be out later this year and it looks to be a very nice bike. The frame is about all the info they have released, but it is very cool. They are saying they will have the lightest and most powerful 450 built. I have buddies with the TRX450, R450, and YFZ450. I like all of them, but If I were going to get one right now It would be the R450. That is a very nice bike and very quick. I don't have any experiance with the KFX450 so I don't know much about it, but I belive I have heard they have had some problems with them. I just can not remember though. I want to see this DS450 when it comes out. I have ridden the DS650 a few times and it is a nice bike just very big.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I agree If I was looking for a 450 I would wait to see the Can-am and also wait to see if maybe Yamaha adds FI to the YFZ for 08.

but if had to choose a 07 model Id probally go with the KFX450 after checking into any issues with them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
298 Posts
ktm is coming out with a 450 and 525 also might want to check them out also. try to ride everything you can before you buy. everyone has there oppion. i've riden all the above and i think yfz is the better all around 450 for power and ride. but thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i have heard that the kfx 450 has had prblms. there are lots of ppl going into shops with cracked frames and some mechanical prblm that i do not recall. but if i were you i would wait to see the 08 models and then choose. especially if the yfz450 comes with EFI.

·
Registered
554 Posts
There is a lot happening in the 450-500 cc range this year. The KTM is rumored to be pushing the $9000+ mark. Can-Am being a first year quad with a lot of never tried on a quad features could be interesting. Nothing official yet but indicators point to a new predator with the reliable KTM 525 engine in it this summer.

But out of the ones you listed it would be between the 450R and the YFZ for me.

·
Registered
735 Posts
unless you are plannig to race, Id stay away from the 450s. They are great on the track, but are a handfull on the trail. You will however be turned into the clutch master it you use it for trail riding. I had the chance to run yfzs and trx on the trail, and was not impressed. They wind up fast, and are fun on the road, but arent as fun as say a 700 (for the same price)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
me personally i would get the KFX just because of the reverse. i was going to get one instead of the raptor until i sat on each and got the final prices worked up on them. when the raptor came out cheaper the price and comfort won the battle

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
yamaha needs to step it up this next year with a quad that just brings pain to all of them.. I know that we all may have our doubts about the 4 stroke banshee but they can name it something else but put the engine in it that they have been talking about.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
rap7hundred said:
yamaha needs to step it up this next year with a quad that just brings pain to all of them.. I know that we all may have our doubts about the 4 stroke banshee but they can name it something else but put the engine in it that they have been talking about.
i think the fi yfz450 is going to do this...that ktm looks really nice but for $9000+ it should be.just think if you got a 7300 yfz and put $1700-2500 in it how fast it whould be.

·
Registered
644 Posts
yfm700lover said:
rap7hundred said:
i think the fi yfz450 is going to do this...that ktm looks really nice but for $9000+ it should be.just think if you got a 7300 yfz and put $1700-2500 in it how fast it whould be.
Yeah, but it wont have Ohlins suspension, full chromoly frame, wave rotors and steel braded brake lines, tapered bearing carier, Razr Tires, fully interchangeable motor, etc, etc.

The shocks alone on the KTM will offset the price of the Yamaha :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I voted Kawi because I've always been a Kawi guy......I like the Yamaha, but its just not big enough for me...The Honda fits me the best, I don't do Hondas anymore.....Never been a Suzuki guy either.. :(

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
BigGixxerJim said:
yfm700lover said:
rap7hundred said:
Yeah, but it wont have Ohlins suspension, full chromoly frame, wave rotors and steel braded brake lines, tapered bearing carier, Razr Tires, fully interchangeable motor, etc, etc.

The shocks alone on the KTM will offset the price of the Yamaha :thumbsup:
for $2500 you chould get a hole new front end and have the rear shock reworked. and how meny people are actully going to do a engine swap. and why whould you when you have a badass 450 fi engine. and who know what else the new yfz450 is going to come with.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
good luck getting KTM parts....... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
252 Posts
My friend just took his 08 KFX450 in for a gas tank recall. :3question:

·
Registered
202 Posts
i dont know if this is compleatly true but around where i live ive heard of the ltr-450exhaust getting crushed in if you bottom out on a jump so i didnt even look at those after i herd that. but the 2008 ltr-450 with traction control sounds real nice :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts