Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to change the brake pads on my 700 and the piston screwed in like it was supposed to. But it never stops spinning. like it is stripped out. If i screw it the other direction it will not come out at all. Just spins forever. Is there a way to fix it or is it junk? Also will a yfz 450 rear caliper fit my raptor? They seem to less on ebay and i might be able to get one from a friend. Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? what about a 660 caliper?

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I always wondered if the YFZ450 rear caliper would fit cos I believe it's twin pot?

I guess it depends on the bearing carrier and caliper holder. They arn't the same part no. so it's unlikely but might be worth investigating further.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I don't know if the YFZ rear will fit or not, but I will say this, if one does, hopefully it's from an '06 or later, because they had a dual piston. '04-'05 calipers are single piston calipers. I am pretty sure the mounting is different as well, though I'm not sure exactly what is different, or how that compares to the 700.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 25 dollar one is broke. i saw it earlier.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't think it will quit turning when I changed my pads mine didn't and it works just fine.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Here's a snap shot from the Service Manual for a 2006 YFZ and a 2008 700R. I have one of each of you need more details. But at a brief glance, I don't think the brakes interchange.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is the solution i have done it to my quad it works get a brake caliper of a cannondale any year any model any caliper. They dont have that e brake crap they use the same brake pads and you have to flip your caliper bracket around and then move the slide pins back to the correct side if you use a left front or rear caloper you have to remove the rear mounting bolt and rotate the caliper up to bleed it because the bleader is on the lower side. ps these calpiers are dirt cheap cannondales suck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts