Raptor Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of shocks from yfz450jr (2 fronts and a rear). He posted a picture of 2 front shocks and a rear shock for sale. After I paid, he changed the post to say FRONTS only. He was obviously trying to mislead the buyer and simply lied when confronted. After going back and forth, he refused responsibility and blamed me for not reading more carefully. It was very obvious that he changed the thread, I didn't simply miss the capital letters FRONTS ONLY. There is another post about yfz450jr's poor business practices. He is a flat out liar and will stop at nothing to deny responsibility. THIS MEMBER SHOULD BE BANNED!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The forum administrator has access to all versions of a post, the original and all subsequent edits. These are stored on the database.

http://www.yfzcentral.com/forum/20-.../110325-yfz450jr-scammer-liar-do-not-buy.html

I understand your frustration that you want what you saw in the picture and misread the post. If I was the seller, I would've offered to refund the item upon return at your return expense unless you acted like a dick, which you actually did apparently. It happens. Learn from your mistake, you didn't get burned so it wasn't a costly one.

"yfz450jr" is a reputable member. Do not hesitate to deal with him.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Your post here in the resolution center is misleading and omits some important information, the original post (on the other website) says "front shocks". What happened in this situation is that you saw a rear in the picture and either failed to read or ignored the actual words in the post and figured that since it was in the picture it must be included.

Companies that advertise often have to put disclaimers in or around their photos to stress that certain items are not included. Yes the OP of the other post could have done that but the text was clear that fronts were the item for sale. You jumped to a conclusion based solely on a picture which presumed more information than was given in the post and then you failed to verify this before you exchanged goods and money.

I agree with the ruling found on the YFZcentral website in favor of the seller. Your thread will now be locked and the title changed to reflect the resolution.

That said, I would highly suggest the seller improve his descriptions next time around. While it was clearly an error on the part of the buyer's assumption it is an easy assumption to make given the seller's picture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.