Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here that can help me with pictures ect on what to do with the box on the side of the stock air box on the 2017 model yfz450r se, I have just fitted the fci intake system but I don’t no what to do with the box and pipes which is screwed to the side of the original air box. I did take it off to start with but once started iv got the light management light on now.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Is there anyone here that can help me with pictures ect on what to do with the box on the side of the stock air box on the 2017 model yfz450r se, I have just fitted the fci intake system but I don?t no what to do with the box and pipes which is screwed to the side of the original air box. I did take it off to start with but once started iv got the light management light on now.
What exactly did you take off? Did you disconnect hoses?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes iv disconnected the hoses but I’m not sure what to do with them now or weather I need to connect them back to the black box. But then where do I put box..

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
If it's the crank case vent get a filter to put in it and zip tie it somewhere close to original location.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Take a picture of what you're talking about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not sure how to post pictures on here but it’s the little black box bolted to the left hand side of the air box it’s got 2 pipes going to it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I’m not sure how to post pictures on here but it’s the little black box bolted to the left hand side of the air box it’s got 2 pipes going to it.
If I remember, when I get home, I'll look on my yfz and see what the box is. I have a all stock 14se. Should be the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thank you will my engine light go off then or how do I rest is sorry never had a quad before so I don’t no.

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
Yes, it will shut off the trouble code.

If there is any room to reinstall the factory breather box (small black one that those 2 hoses attach too) you can zip tie it somewhere close to it's original location and at least ride your machine until the A.I.S. delete kit arrives. I know the FCI box is HUGE, so there may not be anywhere to put it.

Congrats on your first ATV and for choosing a Yamaha!!:)

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Wow. ATVs with smog systems. That's something I never would have guessed or thought I would ever see.

Sorry for misleading you.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
After 5 posts you can post pics....forum rules.

Now let's see your toy!

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I bought my WR in the spring, AIS delete already done. California is just plain weird. Red/Green sticker state, I don't get it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts