Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
RS2 is better. Motosport.com , TQSATV , Rockymountainatv :)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I'm no expert on the yoshimira line but from what I understand the rs2 is the pro (race) comp. model and the rs7 is quieter and engineered more for trail riders with a little different tq. curve. Don't mark my words here but if I remember correctly the rs2 put out an extra pony or two on the dyno. If you really want the best single out there then go for the curtis sparks xx6. It is equal to duals as far as HP until you get up over 80horse or more.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I'm no expert on the yoshimira line but from what I understand the rs2 is the pro (race) comp. model and the rs7 is quieter and engineered more for trail riders with a little different tq. curve. Don't mark my words here but if I remember correctly the rs2 put out an extra pony or two on the dyno. If you really want the best single out there then go for the curtis sparks xx6. It is equal to duals as far as HP until you get up over 80horse or more.
Any of the sparks pipe are better than the yoshi systems

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah 686 is right any of the sparks are better. The x6 is the standard core and the xx6 is the big core.

·
Registered
240 Posts
These guys are right, I just bought an RS7 setup because it was a good deal and already want some duals!

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I have the RS7 and have no complaints. I also got an awesome deal on mine on here, cheaper than a slip on. However Yoshimura doesn't make them anymore.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I have the RS7 and have no complaints. I also got an awesome deal on mine on here, cheaper than a slip on. However Yoshimura doesn't make them anymore.
They don't compare to the sparks singles or duals though. Imo if your gonna buy an exhaust do it right the first time don't settle for something else just cause you got "killer" deal on it, buy exactly what you want the first time you wont regret it and it will save you money down the road

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
They don't compare to the sparks singles or duals though. Imo if your gonna buy an exhaust do it right the first time don't settle for something else just cause you got "killer" deal on it, buy exactly what you want the first time you wont regret it and it will save you money down the road
I understand this but when I got a full system for $175 it will do for what I want. There is no point in ME spending $400+ on an exhaust for my atv. Heck the Banks exhaust on my truck was only $420.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I understand this but when I got a full system for $175 it will do for what I want. There is no point in ME spending $400+ on an exhaust for my atv. Heck the Banks exhaust on my truck was only $420.
Even though i qouted you i wasn't really responding to you i was responding to the op and letting him know about better options and not jumping on the the first deal that comes along, getting what you want the first time instead of a cheap pipe the first time and then the pipe you really wanted later which you'll have spent more money on two exhausts the the one you wanted in the first place. If buying a soso pipe works for you then great but im trying to let the op know that they're are better hp, tq, and sounding pipes out there then the one he was asking about. Even you will want another pipe when you get sick of this one and you will be buying another one and spending more than 175$. If you don't understand why anyone would spend more than 175$ on exhaust then you wouldn't understand what im trying to tell the op, im glad you have a pipe your happy with

·
Registered
133 Posts
would the sparks be as good as a big bore barks?? for a big build that i have? i am trying to find a reasonable priced exhaust that will be best for my set up?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
would the sparks be as good as a big bore barks?? for a big build that i have? i am trying to find a reasonable priced exhaust that will be best for my set up?
The sparks xx6 single is as good as the barkers standard core duals and i think it made 2 hp more in certain areas its been a while since i read the the thread on it if im wrong about the std core barkers someone chime in. Just so you know though the xx6 is extremely loud and can't be quieted down in anyway as it is a race application exhaust. Fl.woods runs one of these and can tell you more. It is the best hp single pipe out there though and you can find it and duals out there used for good prices

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Even though i qouted you i wasn't really responding to you i was responding to the op and letting him know about better options and not jumping on the the first deal that comes along, getting what you want the first time instead of a cheap pipe the first time and then the pipe you really wanted later which you'll have spent more money on two exhausts the the one you wanted in the first place. If buying a soso pipe works for you then great but im trying to let the op know that they're are better hp, tq, and sounding pipes out there then the one he was asking about. Even you will want another pipe when you get sick of this one and you will be buying another one and spending more than 175$. If you don't understand why anyone would spend more than 175$ on exhaust then you wouldn't understand what im trying to tell the op, im glad you have a pipe your happy with
I completely understand what you're saying but I have no intentions of buying another pipe. The yoshi does what I want/need it to, it does flow and sound better than stock and that was what I wanted. I know there are better options out there and you can find killer deals on used duals here but for what I spent it will work for me. To the op whatever you chose for the most part will be better than stock.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
yea i been lookin but cant find any. im really wantin the sparks..
Be patient and keep an eye out here in the parts/ bike for sale section but they go quick so be ready. And check your local craigslist and ebay if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Going to pick up a bike today that has a RS-2 exhaust on it...I will sell you that one when my other exhaust comes in from TQS.

·
Registered
330 Posts
nevermind....had to turn down the bike because it wasnt what he said it was....there went 75 bucks in diesel!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts