Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a yoshimura exhaust.Started to install seems like the head pipes have the wrong bend.The head pipe is right against the motor and the radiator line.Any suggestions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After pushing and pulling tighting and loosening several times, finally got it it together.:)Thought it would be easier.
Next ? For those of you with fcr 35s can you
change the mains without pulling the carbs off?Is the main under that
bolt on the bottem.Or is it just easier to pull them?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
FCR's and a Yoshi exhaust. Not something you see often. But I have 39mm FCRs and you can change the mains by pulling the plugs on the bottom of the bowls but I found it easier to just pull the carbs. It took me twice as long to pull the plugs and swap(on the machine) because I kept dropping the jets:lol:. If I didn't have fat fingers it might have been easier:rofl: But you can change the mains by just pulling that part. For the pilots you have to pull the bowls off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i bought the quad with the fcrs.If i bought the duals instead of the yoshi id be skinned.Ive read plenty of stock rejet threads but not to many fcrs.How much bigger would you go with the mains.Right now it has 152L 150 R needle in the middle.
Have not checked the pilots yet.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
:lol: I don't know about jet sizes my motor has 152's in it but it is a WAY different port job then yours.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Considering your almost sea level and im at 3000 and up id be flooding this engine out with the size jets.Wonder what the guy that i got it from actually
had done.Oh well ill get a few bigger and just make it run right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts