Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...

Im jusy wondering if any of you ppl have used this or have you heard and good or bad news about it. Thanx

·
Registered
209 Posts
I haven't used it, but with the PIM you get 2 maps, one for use with spark arrestor, one for a more open, full exhaust. That's all. If you do anything else to your quad, too bad.

To actually be able to adjust anything, you also need the FIMAK. (Fuel Injection Map Adjuster Kit) One thing I'd like to know is if you can use someone else's FIMAK and download maps to your PIM, or if they have to be connected for the changes to stay. If the PIM will keep adjustments, then it might not be bad if you're having your quad tuned by someone who has one.

If you need to be able to tune your setup youreself, you'll need to about $600 for something that looks like a combination of the Power Commander and the Dobeck. It has the easy, onboard adjustability of the Dobeck with the extra fine tuning ability of the P.C.

Only problem is, it's like you're paying for both the Dobeck and the P.C. About $600 for the PIM and FIMAK, or $200 for Dobeck, $300 for P.C.

That price is bad enough news for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok I'm kinda new to the sport ATV thing. Is this basicly the same as the PC3 on my Bike?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What about the maps? I know were to get a million maps for my motorcycles, but who does custom mapping for quads?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx guys...right on the money again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Zach_x said:
What about the maps? I know were to get a million maps for my motorcycles, but who does custom mapping for quads?
PC's website or ask on here and maybe someone will share a custom map with you.. 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts