Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey any of you guys run the full Yoshi RS7? Is it any good? I know on the 660's everyone liked the yoshi so what about the 700's? Im leaning towards a yoshi But would like to find out if you all think thats a good choice or maybe you can suggest a better pipe. I probably should be but im not concerned about noise level just all out performance. Thanks for any help provided.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got a rs 7 slip on and its sounds great but make sure you get another efi control box with it will increase your power alot if u dont get 1 its ok but i got 1 just by wat ppl would tell me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I recently bought the full Yoshi RS-7 system. I love it, but I have not ever ridden any other 700's to compare it to. Have not had it dyno'd, but seat of the pants is incredible. The only problem I have found is that I want to keep the spark arrestor in, as I ride in the desert a lot, and there is no PCIII map for the sparky in. One of the greatest things about it is that the stock heat shield mounts right on. I do know that the ATV Rider exhaust shootout did not give the Yoshi RS-7 system a very good rating, but other people on this forum have said that the shootout was not done very well.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
The stock muffler on the 700R is real restrictive so anythings gonna be a kick in the pants. Ive had the DG and now the GYTR and like them almost the same. All of the top brands will be very simular to each other so take your pick.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ive got the Yoshi. I feel the difference once it was put on, but it didnt really wake up till i add the Power Commander III.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi guy I am from the Netherlands and I am also looking for a new exhaust system.

I like the DMC system very much but when I looked at the stats is said that it is
less powerfull then the yoshi RS7. But thats the thing with the yoshi that
Magnesium endcap is ugly as hell but now I see one with a black endcap
how did you do that?? Did you spray it with heat resistant paint??

·
Registered
37 Posts
hows the top-end on this exhaust my raptor 700 SE runs about 125/130 km/h I dont know in mph
and i have a PClll and the lid removes. what should my top-end be when I buy this exhaust???

HELP

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
I personally think the Yoshi pipe is bugly...but hey looks arent everything, especially when it comes to performance mods.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have the slip on also... love it...And as far as looks I think its great looking, just paint the end cap black(my preference). It looks like a missle mouted on the back or something...

·
Registered
429 Posts
The RS7 is good system, I've had mine for almost a full year now and have no problems. The spark arrestor really makes a difference for the trail, quiets it down nicely. It really barks when running un restricted! I painted my end cap black before I installed the system, I just used flat black krylon. It seems to be holding up just fine. The only other detail I changed was using polished stainless socket head cap screws instead of the button heads that where supplied, a lot easier for reassembly with the allen wrench with the deeper pocket.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I put a full yosh and K&N on mine with only 2 hrs on machine ,I never noticed anything for the simple reason the bike was not broke in.I just put PCIII on a month ago and I never noticed much if any with lid on and program from FUEL MOTO...But I rode bike last weekend and I pulled the lid off and I noticed more seat of the pants difference than anything...Just my 2cents

Here is an exhaust shootout with Yosh being best numbers but not best choice

http://www.atvrideronline.com/features/100_0603_2006_yamaha_raptor_700r_atv_exhaust_pipes/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts