Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which one is better in the full system and will there be a noticeable increase in power from just a full system and filter and jets because my raptor is bone stock

·
Registered
827 Posts
just put the Yoshimura RS3 Comp Full system and all i can say is WOWZERS!!!! i would do it again in a heart beat!! best mod ive done.... The Raptor now Purrs unless you gass it and then it growls like a tiger. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
56 Posts
What kind of riding do you do? I hear yoshimura is better for improving top end horsepower, and hmf is better for putting around and more recreational usage. I had a yoshi on my old raptor and i loved it, but it seems like everyone has a yoshimura. If you don't ride too hard, give hmf a try. Both will give you huge improvement.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm looking at the same decision. Anyone know which is quieter. Also has anyone heard both? I've liked pretty much every Yoshi pipe I've ever heard on sport bikes, but I figure a 660 single cylinder is totally different.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't do much putting around and stuff im usually in3rd and higher gears so from what ive heard i am leaning toward yoshimura plus all the people that has it on this forum it has to be pretty good

·
Registered
135 Posts
tyler232004 said:
i don't do much putting around and stuff im usually in3rd and higher gears so from what ive heard i am leaning toward yoshimura plus all the people that has it on this forum it has to be pretty good
I bought the yoshi full system and I love it, nice finish, everything fits like a glove... 8)
My mates bought GYTR and personally think the yoshi looks nicer and goes well, I have seen the HMF on bikes and can't say I have been impressed with their power or look, just my opinion though... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
733 Posts
The yoshi definitely looks way better! Also if you take the spark arrestor out it is way louder, :lol: I believe motoxoutlet still has the RS-3 for 400 bucks. It's cheaper than an HMF full system. If you like to rip around in 3rd you'll definitely be impressed with the yoshi, I sure was!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Raptor_09 said:
The yoshi definitely looks way better! Also if you take the spark arrestor out it is way louder, :lol: I believe motoxoutlet still has the RS-3 for 400 bucks. It's cheaper than an HMF full system. If you like to rip around in 3rd you'll definitely be impressed with the yoshi, I sure was!
i have a fully youshi system .. it made a big improvement .. i dyno w/ and w/o the spark arrestor .. w/o it i got like 2 more hp out of it .. its loud as hell but sounds pretty good. i would get the yoshi

·
Registered
285 Posts
I realize this isn't my thread, but I just ordered my full Yoshi system. I think it'll be just what I'm looking for. What jets are people running with the spark arrestor?

·
Registered
733 Posts
In the instructions it says run stock jetting if there are no mods done to the airbox. Myself, I have no lid and no spark arrestor, so my jetting is a bit higher.

·
Registered
827 Posts
GO YOSH!! Cant go wrong....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I love my Yoshi RS3 exhaust! I run without the spark arrestor and like 02yamrap said it's loud as hell. I got mine for $360 from MotoSport about a year ago, now there $439. Look around and you should still be able to find one for under $400.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Good deal! Your really going to like that exhaust. Have fun! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
827 Posts
it sounds beastly..... i like the sound over the CT any day.... the CT sounds Tinny.....

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
I bought my Yoshimura at motoxoutlet.com too.

By the way, they Yoshimura system for the Raptor is probably the best bang for your buck. Gains are huge in the midrange, and gradually tapers off on the top. For the money, it's a good purchase. Customer service is very good.

~Brian

·
Registered
569 Posts
02yamrap said:
i have a fully youshi system .. i dyno w/ and w/o the spark arrestor .. w/o it i got like 2 more hp out of it .. its loud as hell but sounds pretty good. i would get the yoshi
Was this pulling the arrestor only or did you rejet it when you removed it? I took mine out for an hour or two before. It seemed faster but I didn't know if it actually was faster. It was sure louder though. I put it back in because I got tired of hearing it. I don't want to be the loud one in the group.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts