Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a great 5 hour mixed trail ride yesterday I've got a pretty good grasp of what I have to do now.

I'm running the Trinity Stage-4 big 3
21" rear tires (Razor-2's)
15t front sprocket
37t rear sprocket
Toggled speed sensor for quick dis-connection.
I weigh in at about 185 with gear on.

What I discovered is that I'm WWAAYY too tall on my gearing and can't even come close to a decent RPM in 5th gear. What was I thinking?? :lol: So now it's back to the stock front sprocket and we'll see how that works, if it's still too tall I'll swap back to the stock rear sprocket. Unless I plan on doing some inner-engine mods, I just don't have the H/P to pull that big of a driveline change. I didn't even bother with the GPS since I'm sure I wasn't even near 75MPH. :3question:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I like shorter gearing for the trails myself, I don't mind topping the bike out as long as it's not doing it at 55mph.

It's on a 660 so it's not really comprable but I'm running 12/42 in the trails. That's 1 tooth down on the front and 2 up on the rear from stock. Still on stock sized tires also.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OOF! That seems low! When I had the bike stock, 1st gear was useless to me so I had the brainstorm to jack with the tooth count for more usable gearing but I went too far. :( Live and learn I guess.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SWEET!! Except I now remember that I gave my original sprocket away! :mad: Time to order a new one.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
SULLY0556 said:
SWEET!! Except I now remember that I gave my original sprocket away! :mad: Time to order a new one.
Don't feel too bad, I threw my stock exhaust away and had to buy a whole new one! My ceramic coating is flaking and the bike was going to have to be down for a month....and that's NOT going to happen. :lol:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell, I'd have shipped you my old exhaust to use! I've got a bunch of stock parts sitting around. We've got to stick together!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
SULLY0556 said:
Hell, I'd have shipped you my old exhaust to use! I've got a bunch of stock parts sitting around. We've got to stick together!!!!
Sully, thanks for the offer, I found an unreal buy on e bay it was from alba, brand new take off exhaust, i offered 45 +15 bucks shipping, =$60.00. to my door !! the best buy I have ever gotten.
Thanks though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any time. I'm just keeping it around in case someone needs it but there's not much value there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.