Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped into local dealer to pick up some ordered Banshee parts and this how the conversation went...

Salesman: dude, when you gonna buy that Raptor from us ??
Me: don't need it bought one yesterday
Salesman: from who ??
Me: Bobs in Sayre, where are my Banshee parts ??
Salesman: hold on come into my office lets talk
Me: you had your chance where are my parts ??
Salesman: what did you pay ??
Me:$6495 OTD for an 06
Salesman: let me see what I can do
Me: you had your chance and we came in @ MSRP plus freight OTD
Salesman: call back and cancel the deal I'll do $6695 OTD on an '07
Me: sorry I don't operate that way...

So basically in the course of a few days we went from MSRP plus freight OTD to $6695 OTD for an '07.....Thats why I don't like dealers....WTF ????? I expect they will call today and try some more to sell me the '07......It ain't gonna happen.. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
the first dealer i walked into did some bs like that, i walked out, the next one i walked into, i told him shoot his best price or i was walkin out the door,i aint got time for games, he came back with 6300,plus 75 for processing, i thought it was good but i really wanted a se( which i told him i wanted one of the se) so he tried even harder to see me a blue one. the next day i went to another dealer and told him the deal i was offered and questioned him bout a gytr edition, he knew he had to make a good deal or it was back to get the blue one. well he made me an offer i couldn't refuse, i even tried to get him to throw in some handguards and he said it like this this bike will sell in the next week wether i take it or not, in this part of the country they dont last...... so i payed for it and loaded it up 10 minutes later..... moral of the story they want to make the most they can, they try to pimp you the consumer for all they can, i just try to pimp them before they pimp me,lol ;)

·
Registered
767 Posts
It's a great feeling when you can tell a dealer who have you his "best" deal to pound sand.

·
Registered
779 Posts
It's good you made a good deal, but let's face it, at the end of the day, the dealer has to make some money to survive. Where I live in Toronto, there are more powersports dealers then you can shake a stick at. The ones that undercut everyone else usually go out of business. Their modivation is usually just sales. For me, I'd rather pay a few hundred more to a dealer that I know will really stand behind me and the product I've bought. My dealer is just such a place. St. Onge in Barrie Ontario. www.stongerecreation.com
Class act all the way. Conversly, the true definition of garbage is Outdoor Power in Georgetown, stay away from this dump.

MK

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a similar thing happen years ago when I bought my first sport bike. I had saved up about $10k so I could pay cash. I went to the local suzuki dealer ( no longer in business ) with a pocket full of dough to buy a new red 1988 GSXR750 in cash mind you. None of the salesman would give me ( 18 years old ) the time of day. I was so pissed I asked them why they wouldn't at least try to sell me a bike?? Their answere " like you have any money".... wow I thought to my self and replied how can you be so stupid and walked out and went to the local honda dealer and bought a new VFR750 and was riding by 3:30 that after noon. Funny how things work, I ran into one of the sales man at a local hangout. He saw I was riding a new bike and asked how I had gotten financed, I smiled back and said not only are you stupid but now you've reached full moron status, I paid cash dumb ass, the same cash I had in my pocket when I was at you store this morning and again walked away...... Some people just don't get it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Mavmang said:
Hey tiggyboot, Have you ever been to Snow City? I am also in Toronto and am looking for a good dealer.
Yes, been there. Not a good place to deal with, but better then some others I suppose. What are you looking for? I would honestly recommend you make the short trip up the 400 to St. Onge. Very professional outfit. Let me know if I can help you out with a deal or what not.

Marcel

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GEARHEAD9969 said:
I had a similar thing happen years ago when I bought my first sport bike. I had saved up about $10k so I could pay cash. I went to the local suzuki dealer ( no longer in business ) with a pocket full of dough to buy a new red 1988 GSXR750 in cash mind you. None of the salesman would give me ( 18 years old ) the time of day. I was so pissed I asked them why they wouldn't at least try to sell me a bike?? Their answere " like you have any money".... wow I thought to my self and replied how can you be so stupid and walked out and went to the local honda dealer and bought a new VFR750 and was riding by 3:30 that after noon. Funny how things work, I ran into one of the sales man at a local hangout. He saw I was riding a new bike and asked how I had gotten financed, I smiled back and said not only are you stupid but now you've reached full moron status, I paid cash dumb ass, the same cash I had in my pocket when I was at you store this morning and again walked away...... Some people just don't get it.

I know what bike you bought, I had a VF1000R back in the day !!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tiggyboot said:
Mavmang said:
Hey tiggyboot, Have you ever been to Snow City? I am also in Toronto and am looking for a good dealer.
Yes, been there. Not a good place to deal with, but better then some others I suppose. What are you looking for? I would honestly recommend you make the short trip up the 400 to St. Onge. Very professional outfit. Let me know if I can help you out with a deal or what not.

Marcel
check your msgs

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would gave my left nut for the VF1000R, I was 18 and had to work 2 jobs just to cover the insurance on the 750...lol

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GEARHEAD9969 said:
I would gave my left nut for the VF1000R, I was 18 and had to work 2 jobs just to cover the insurance on the 750...lol
I miss it, wish I still had it.. :confused:

·
Registered
767 Posts
I had a very similar experience, had been into the two bigger dealers 3 or 4 times and not even the time of day from any salesman. Finally on about the 5th trip in a salesman caught me eyeing up a Raptor and bluntly told me "you don't want one of those, there junk for riding around here" I questioned his opinion and he proceeded to tell me that even if I had cash in hand he wouldn't sell me one, and that I "needed" a Grizzly. ::) So I managed to get a not so hot price on an SE and 6-8 weeks for delivery. :crazy: Drove out to a small town south of city to a dealer on reccomendation of a friend, they treated me like gold but had no Raptors in stock. They offered to special order me an SE from the warehouse for $1600 less than the first dealer and it would land in 3-4 days, no money down just a handshake. :thumbsup: The day it came in I had 3 people from the dealership (salesman, owner, and the parts guy) call to tell me how beautiful the SE was. I've had nothing but outstanding service from them ever since I picked it up, In fact I called asking if there was any issue with doing my own service (oil changes, valve adjustments, etc) that would void my warranty and the owner told me straight up that it is just a scare tactic with some dealers to get your hard earned money for service work.

Anyways ran into the first salesman at the ATV show while looking at an SE and he says "still thinking about that turd, huh? " I replied, "nope I've actually got about 20hrs on my "turd" already, Seitzco Motorsports helped me out" :lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
i love this stuff! :grin_nod:

when i got mine, the first place i went tried to give me some BS about my divorce pushing me into the higher intrest rate crap...it was going to be like 21% or something like that. so i asked him what he was trying to say and basicly he answered with sorry nothing we can do. i was PISSED. so i went to another place that same day....told them what kinda crap the tried to feed me...and what do ya know...2 hrs latter loaded up my baby at a thrid the intrest and guess where i went...

yep made a b-line straight back to the clown who tried to stroke me. he and the sales manager watched me pull up and walk in showed him my paperwork, and needless to say the manager wanted to talk. just as i was about to say something sarcastic....my fiance (who is no eyesore i might add) reached into her purse and pulled out a tissue handed it to the salesman and said "i think you got some egg on your face" turned around and walked right out.

just when i thought she could get no more ...well...lets just say i had a long afternoon :wootwoot: :satan:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SE700r said:
i love this stuff! :grin_nod:

when i got mine, the first place i went tried to give me some BS about my divorce pushing me into the higher intrest rate crap...it was going to be like 21% or something like that. so i asked him what he was trying to say and basicly he answered with sorry nothing we can do. i was PISSED. so i went to another place that same day....told them what kinda crap the tried to feed me...and what do ya know...2 hrs latter loaded up my baby at a thrid the intrest and guess where i went...

yep made a b-line straight back to the clown who tried to stroke me. he and the sales manager watched me pull up and walk in showed him my paperwork, and needless to say the manager wanted to talk. just as i was about to say something sarcastic....my fiance (who is no eyesore i might add) reached into her purse and pulled out a tissue handed it to the salesman and said "i think you got some egg on your face" turned around and walked right out.

just when i thought she could get no more ...well...lets just say i had a long afternoon :wootwoot: :satan:
Damn !!! I told you guys in another post about the interest rate they tried to give me over Memorial Day weekend we tried to deal, around (14%)..My credit union comes in at 5.5% for the one I picked up yesterday...... :grin_nod:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I made the mistake of wearing my work clothes when I was trying to buy a truck once. I was ignored and asked questions only to have salesman walk away from me. Finally I saw a salesman practically running toward me. When we were in his office talking numbers he told me that most guys wont deal with anyone dressed like me (up to that point I never gave a thought to what I was wearing). He said that a guy walked into the dealership once wearing barn clothes and nobody would go near him. He went up to him seeing if he could help him out, long story short the farmer ended up buying two brand new trucks with cash. Dont read a book by its cover.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
raptair700r said:
I made the mistake of wearing my work clothes when I was trying to buy a truck once. I was ignored and asked questions only to have salesman walk away from me. Finally I saw a salesman practically running toward me. When we were in his office talking numbers he told me that most guys wont deal with anyone dressed like me (up to that point I never gave a thought to what I was wearing). He said that a guy walked into the dealership once wearing barn clothes and nobody would go near him. He went up to him seeing if he could help him out, long story short the farmer ended up buying two brand new trucks with cash. Dont read a book by its cover.
I agree, when I bought my Audi I had a hat on backwords, basketball game shorts, faded grey Nike t-shirt, and flip flops, now picture me at 6'8" dressed like that.....The only salesman that would talk to me was the oldest one there, he was in his 60's came out of retirement after his wife passed on cause he was bored....1/2 hour after we started chatting I was an Audi owner !!! I hate people that judge others like that.. :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.