Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a dirtbike soon but I just can't decide between a 02/03 YZ 250 and 03/04 CR 250.

Actually the bike I'm looking at are WRZ 250 (Road legal YZ 250) and CRE 250 (Road legal CR 250).

I've read many dirtbike forums, many people prefer the YZ but there's also other who prefer the CR so I just can't decide !
From what I've read, it seems that the YZ has a better engine, and the CR a better chassis/suspension. They say the CR engine is weak at bottom, pulls very hard at middle rpms then falls flat on top rpms.

The CR has an alloy frame ans the YZ a steel one, they weight the same though, does the alloy frame makes a big difference ?

I'm 6' 2" and I'll mostly do supermoto (road riding), mx track and trails.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There's also the CRF 250 & 450 but I don't want to buy a used 4 stroke since I wouldn't know how it has been maintained. A 2 stroke is cheap to rebuild but a 4 stroke can cost a lot of $$.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:bump: no dirtbike riders here ? :D

Seems like the CR had many vavles and intake problems, might stick to the YZ but if anyone know something about theses bikes...

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might do that, but will probably take a YZ :D
Yeah same for me, always wanted to have a dirtbike too, actually I was going to get a dirtbike when I got my Raptor lol.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Might do that, but will probably take a YZ :D
Yeah same for me, always wanted to have a dirtbike too, actually I was going to get a dirtbike when I got my Raptor lol.
Yeah they are a lot of fun, my first bike was a Honda xr100 a great bike with a good deal of power, unlike the modern small bore dirt bikes that are all bottled up. I love quads too though, and bikes are really scetchy in sand haha, I'd like to have the best of both worlds , when money allows :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts