Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
No not yet...pretty bummed about it the axle and sprockets came in but they r useless with the swinger. I've made the left motor mounts. Gonna do the right side tonight then out the front back on. I'm Modding the stock air box and the gonna switch the fuel pump from the top to the bottom

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
**UPDATE**

Well the frame is done at least the front half, hopefully I get my other parts in tomorrow then I can go ahead and get the rearend put on. Both sides are done with the engine mounts. Pretty easy the left side I fabbed up a bracket and used the 3/4 O.D. (outside diameter) .120 wall DOM. Pretty decent stuff. The right side I used a piece of 1/4 steel and cut and welded it at the angles and used the DOM tubing to make spacers from the motor to the mounts I made. Ill post pics in a bit

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
:confused:One thing I did notice tho, the stock frame tubing up front t is pretty soft metal. It cut pretty easy then I saw it was pretty thin stuff too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

rear right view

front right view with new frame bottom and motor mounts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Got my axle and swing arm in yesterday. Waiting on sprockets right now. What is goin to be a tough one is fitting the swinger, frame and motor all on the same cross bolt. Lol gonna take some thinking on this one. The sprockets will be fine as far as being lined up. So that won't be an issue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well all parts except my sprockets, speedo, and ext brake line r in. The quad is now on all fours after being up on jacks for two weeks and she is lookin wide and low! :D

Ill post up pics tom in the daylight. Ill prolly start on the paint Tuesday. The bike has to be done by Thursday. That's when we r heading out. I still have to do the exhaust and hook it all up

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Update

Well I got the rappy all done it was a bit naked but complete for the prez day weekend. Ended up going to gordons well. I pulled the bike out of the trailer to take it for a test ride through the canal that runs along buggy flats, and well I rode it about 30 foot and heard a nice loud clank and the motor shut off. :mad:

Come to find out, I guess the reason the previous owner of the bike didn't have any of the shifting mechanism is because he apparently Rome the internal shaft when he load then bike Down. Unbeknownst to me, which obviously led to random broke pieces of metal and broken internal springs sitting carelessly in the fresh new oil at the bottom of my oil pan..... :wtf:

It is what it is. Yet again I'm waiting parts this time, I ordered thm instead of having th local shop do it. So I'm sure I will see the. Within a week instead of with a month.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Come to find out, I guess the reason the previous owner of the bike didn't have any of the shifting mechanism is because he apparently Rome the internal shaft when he load then bike Down. Unbeknownst to me, which obviously led to random broke pieces of metal and broken internal springs sitting carelessly in the fresh new oil at the bottom of my oil pan..... :wtf:
That sucks to hear man!!!! but it's good for others to hear of so they know to thoroughly check out there used motors, even if the seller says they are good to go and they look like they are, I had a similar thing happen with a car motor once and I learned my lesson hard..... updated pics??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
no not of the bike complete. i need to get some tho. i have the other parts on order waiting for them to come in for the shifting mech. i still haven't put on the fairings or any of that. just wait for the parts once they are on and all i will take some.

i have yet to piece together this reared section with the shock and mount and all that. anyone have a suggestion on this?? Ive tried to see other bikes but the pics that are taken i can't really tell. imay just fab up some brackets that mimic the stock dog bone and cross piece for the shock..... ??

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sure you already thought of this but you could mock up the bike and swing arm set it at the right ride height you want it and move the bracket for the shock on the swing arm where you want it and weld it there, If you plan on doing drag racing most of the time consider getting rid of the link set up

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Richard, yeah thats prob what im gonna do. Ill just hVe to get a stiffer spring on there. I could wdld the bracket and all for the dogbone, but I'd hate cut and weld that pretty 10 inch swinger :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
wow sorry to hear about the stuff breaking. glad to see you got it completed. but now waiting on part's. that sucks. i feel your pain. i'm in no rush to get mine done. just hoping by the 3rd week in may. i have a trip planned. but i also have another bike so if this one's not complete ill take that one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Shawnss, yep I have the parts in and all we just moved into a new house so u can imagine I've been a bit busy with that. Hopefully this week I can start back working on it. I still have to work on the rearend and get it fabbed up ill end up having to move the shock mount forward. We will see tho. I've been keeping an eye on urs. That thing is looking sweet

·
Registered
255 Posts
Shawnss, yep I have the parts in and all we just moved into a new house so u can imagine I've been a bit busy with that. Hopefully this week I can start back working on it. I still have to work on the rearend and get it fabbed up ill end up having to move the shock mount forward. We will see tho. I've been keeping an eye on urs. That thing is looking sweet
sweet glad to see you have everything you need to complete the project and get it up and running again. it should be a blast. make sure to get some fresh photo's videos up i want to see this beast.

I'm just glad i got mine running i posted a few video's now im waiting for more parts to show up :mad: but thats life :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
yep saw that vid of yours when u fired it up. i like the blue frame. my zx14 i just got is that same blue. can u send me pic of the rear end in good view of the swing arm attaching to the frame/engine and the shock attaching to the swinger
if that at all makes sense. lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
yep saw that vid of yours when u fired it up. i like the blue frame. my zx14 i just got is that same blue. can u send me pic of the rear end in good view of the swing arm attaching to the frame/engine and the shock attaching to the swinger
if that at all makes sense. lol
ok yeah ill get some pictures tomorrow night. ill just added them to my build thread.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Cool thx

41 - 60 of 62 Posts