Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
02 raptor 686 k&n lexx exhaust
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't ridden her for more than 6 months, needed a clutch last. Changed the clutch last night and went to assembling everything back together. Chain was a little rusty, so ordered one a couple days ago, i told myself two weeks ago to order the freakin carrier bearings and today when i went to put the new chain on, i realized my rear wheels weren't spinning so freely. The last couple times i rode, actually almost everytime i ride the rear gets drowned in water/mud as i'm in Florida. so i'm assuming the rear bearings are F'd up. Ordered a set of all balls, i ordered two sets in case, the last carrier i did had double bearings, so just in case, if not i have an extra for later.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing like breaking shit without needing too. Axle nut had two lock bolts not one thought it was seized. Ended up cutting the axle. Always learning with this thing fuck. Anyway Vito’s axle on the way, and oem lock nuts I found for $25.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
152 Posts
Nothing like fixing one problem to find another. Cost of having toys I guess 😆. Hopefully after this it'll be ready to go for a while.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
152 Posts
From the pictures I can tell you're not a stranger to working on toys 😂. What's the ATV in the background? Hopefully that's up and running.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the pictures I can tell you're not a stranger to working on toys 😂. What's the ATV in the background? Hopefully that's up and running.
Raptor 350, needed brakes all around, and a couple other little pieces fixed on it, i had traded another 660 i was working on last year for it. wasnt comfortable with my son riding the 660 until he learns how to ride comfortably. so the 350 it was.

the 660 in this picture i bought two years ago and with the help of this site i rebuilt the whole thing completely, happy as hell with this one, just had to change the bearings as i go mudding alot and it killed them last season.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
152 Posts
Raptor 350, needed brakes all around, and a couple other little pieces fixed on it, i had traded another 660 i was working on last year for it. wasnt comfortable with my son riding the 660 until he learns how to ride comfortably. so the 350 it was.

the 660 in this picture i bought two years ago and with the help of this site i rebuilt the whole thing completely, happy as hell with this one, just had to change the bearings as i go mudding alot and it killed them last season.
The 660 was the first sport quad I owned. Always owned utility or kids quads before that. Once I drove it, I was hooked. Straight axle quads are just a blast. Good thinking with your son. I cant imagine how bad of a mess I'd be in if I had that quad as a kid.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 660 was the first sport quad I owned. Always owned utility or kids quads before that. Once I drove it, I was hooked. Straight axle quads are just a blast. Good thinking with your son. I cant imagine how bad of a mess I'd be in if I had that quad as a kid.
the 660 started it all for me, when they came out a friend got one and took all of us riding one day. learned how to change gears that day and moved on to motorcycles for the next 20 yrs, bad accident a couple years ago retired the CBR lifestyle and bought my current 660 to rebuild, will be 3 yrs this coming year that i've had it. Resolved the adrenaline need from the motorcycles. lol

Reactions: Trev
1 - 9 of 9 Posts