Registered
78 Posts
Re: EFI CONTROLLER SETTINGS

EFI Controller: Dobeck 2nd Gen
Controller Settings: 3:30, 7:30, 4, 7
Intake modifications: Pro Flow kit w/K&N
Exhaust modifications: Stock, Baffle out
Internal modifications: None
Comments: Was the 1st weekend out w/quad and was at the dunes. Ran crisp w/no popping. Only did 1 or 2 plug checks prior to these posted settings, plug looked a little lean but again, no feel/sound of lean running.

I have just mounted an HMF slip-on. Will post back my Dobeck settings for that configuration after completing the next dune trip.

Tune I ended up with using the HMF:

3:30, 7:30, 7, 6:15

·
Registered
767 Posts

Just a question concerning elavation. Does elavation play a roll in the Dobeck settings, or does the YFI compensate? I ride between 3500 and 6000 ft would using someone's setup from sea level that they've had sucess with yield the same results at a higher elevation?

·
Registered
584 Posts

EFI Controller: Dobeck
Controller Settings: 4-8-4-6
Intake modifications: Pro Flow kit w/K&N +EHS Racing Lid
Exhaust modifications: Full HMF Sport
Internal modifications: NGK Iridium Plug
Comments:Altitude of 1500ft. Runs flawless, no popping, no stalling, instant throttle.

·
Registered
383 Posts

From all the information I have seen you do not need to change your dobeck settings based on elevation. The machine compensates for that. I have seen a lot of guys on here posting their elevation with the settings but it shouldnt matter. I think raptor randy or gear head posted something about all this.

·
Registered
767 Posts

Thanks bud, I thought so but all the posts with elevation in this thread had me confused. :crazy:

·
Registered
584 Posts

Does anyone know a link that states actually how it does this? How does the ecu know what octane gas is in it? and so on?

·
Registered
502 Posts
For idle jetting, accelerator pump setting, full throttle main-jetting and rpm. I am running 4,8,4,9 :p.

I am thinking for main-jetting I should be higher as most have a main-jetting between 6 and 8 :confused:. It runs perfectly and the plug color looks right on at my present settings.

·
Registered
35 Posts
EFI Controller: Dobeck
Controller Settings: 4-4-2:30-3:30 (Dyno tuned @ Cottage Grove Yamaha)
Intake modifications: Trinity Pro Flow kit w/K&N
Exhaust modifications: DR. D slip on
Internal modifications: NONE
Comments:Sea level (Oregon Dunes) Runs flawless, no popping, no stalling, instant throttle, and fast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone have a Dobeck setting for a stock Raptor w/ the air lid off? I don't believe I saw a setting posted for that set up. Just wanna get it to run right since they run a little lean stock anyways plus I have the lid off. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

Hampy

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hampy, Contact Dobeck and they'll get you headed in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
2006 700, 11:1 +1mm over, stock cam, Track ported head, GYTR intake, GYTR exhaust, no lid with the Gen II Dobeck:
5,5,2,9 chassis dynoed on a Dynojet 248C 12.7-13:1 A/F across the board.

·
Registered
843 Posts
EFI Controller: Dobeck (how do i know which gen i bought this used?
Controller Settings: 2.5 - 6.5 - 2 - 6 (Previous owner dyno tuned)
Intake modifications: ---
Exhaust modifications: HMF Bill Balance Carbon Fiber FULL Exhaust
Internal modifications: NONE
Comments:600 ft above sea level (if it matters) and it runs flawless. I can't seem to keep my front end down no matter what gear....HMMM
Love IT!

·
Registered
502 Posts
For the heck of it........I took an average (of 16 in this thread) and for idle jetting, accelerator pump setting, full throttle main-jetting and rpm. I calculated an average of 3.87, 6.93, 5.50, 7.25 :p . I recognize all engines have various mods but then again the average would probably be average mods ;).

On the Dobeck site the raptor 700 is TFI 6050 ST and 3,7,2.5,9 is stock if I read that correctly. http://www.dobeckperformance.com/TFI INSTRUCTIONS/TFI 6050ST/TFI 6050.pdf

·
Registered
502 Posts
does increasing the number make it richer or leaner or neither?
I think richer ....I think the rpm setting kicks in faster the lower the number........I may be wrong....I found many variances and most have less than a 9 for the rpm. I am now running 4, 7.5, 5, 8 :cool: which is a bit rich so may decrease the main jet setting :p .

·
Are Ya Jealous
393 Posts
EFI Controller:
Controller settings/Map:
Intake modifications:
Exhaust modifications:
Internal modifications:
Comments:

need to keep this goin, i know a lot of ppl have duals now and only one person with duals posted on this....maybe its jus me but this would be a really helpful thread cause i will have no clue where to start when my EFI controller gets here

21 - 40 of 123 Posts