Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I originally had a gen2 dobec with hmf full ex, k&n no lid. Seemed to run good. A few months ago I installed a hc2 cam,11/1piston +2 bore. At that time I also installed a LC1 air/fuel guage. I could not ever get the dobeck toadjust properly. ran way lean in some places and way rich at other times. I bought a PCV from TQS and after playing with the map it is running almost perfect, a little rich at full throttle 12-12.5, but perfect at cruising speed 13.5-14.0.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Green 3:30 Yellow 8:00 Red 9:00 RPM 5:00
tfi gen2
monster duals,no q.cores inserted
prodesign/k&n w/outerwears
dynatek curve 2
comments: runs very well,eats up fuel quickly though

·
Are Ya Jealous
393 Posts
some say dobeck and some say dobeck tfi, i know the tfi is gen 2 but are the ones with jus dobeck on them, which is that??? i need some help with my gen 3 style controller....if the gen2 is set to, lets say 5,5,5,5 if you were to just upgrade to a gen 3 would you put it on and set it at 5,5,5,5 on the same quad or would if be different??? i have seen a lot of ppl askin about the gen 3 and no one seems to want to help them,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
28 Posts
need advise like everyone else on settings. Ibought my controller from Attitude Industries, its a Dobeck gen.3 w/ a different badge, this is my setup 06 rappy DMC Comp4 single, modquad billet intake,k&n w/ outter fully open box. What should my # settings be? Thanks

·
RaptorPilot
602 Posts
EFI Controller: HMF
Controller settings/Map: 4/4/5
Intake modifications: High performance air intake / lid on
Exhaust modifications:HMF full header with sport exhaust /spark out
Internal modifications: none
Comments: settings were just done / Im at sea level, Florida / shes running great.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Has anyone had any luck finding a good setup for

No lid
uni foam filter
no spark arrestor stock can
, i have the 2nd gen dobeck with the 4 pots , i run 3.5,7,6,7 , went one hotter on the plug , changed out the resistor type plug wire/boot, with a ngk pice i picked up at napa, big improvment! even the factory bogg on cold start ups is gone. plug color is perfect, dont forget to let the rappy warm up before u ride or you will eventually foul plug no matter wat setting u have. i have the same set up as you and it runs amazing

·
Commit, or be committed
143 Posts
EFI Controller:Dobeck TFI
Controller settings/Map:3,8.5,4,6
Intake modifications:TB,full intake, no lid, k&n
Exhaust modifications:stock with no SA ::)
Internal modifications:none
Comments: Seems pretty damn responsive, no flat spots in the rpm curve, still tinkerin...:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
EFI Controller: Motoworks
Controller settings/Map: G: 3.5; Y: 5.5; R: 5.5; Y/B: 4; R/B: 2.5
Intake modifications: Modquad K&N intake lid removed
Exhaust modifications: FMF Powerbomb header with Lexx exhaust w/ Race tip
Internal modifications: Stage 3 Hot Cam
Comments: :eek: fort lewis, wa. 200 ft above sea level, if you hit the trails here you will need to rich it up a bit

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
anyone running a uni filter without lid, and a full trinity exhaust ?
I have that setup but using a K&N... Lemme know if you want my settings, bike is close by but I don't remember off my head.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
EFI Controller: Dobeck Gen 3
Controller settings/Map: 2.5 - 3 - 3.5 - 3.5 - 5
Intake modifications: Pro-design intake, K&N, no lid
Exhaust modifications: Full trinity pipe, no spark, no core
Internal modifications: None
Comments: With these settings, it runs very good but I have not verified the plug color with these yet, so I might be off, not sure. Altitude is pretty standard, just a couple hundred over sea level and the temps are pretty cold here lately, not sure how that affects settings if at all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Help me anyone? Fast :)

I have 07 raptor 700 r se. hotcam stg 1 ,high comp piston, full dmc duals without the spark aresistors , open airbox with K&N filter. driving on 50- 200 meter above sealevel . Can anyone tell me what i should set my TFI on g : Y : R : and Rpm ? please help an Norwegian :) i have license on it, so it is road leagal, and driving to and from work with it.. Please help :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm going to try this out and see how it works. I'd like to collect, all in one thread, a database of controller settings. Please submit your information as follows:

EFI Controller: (Dobeck, Trinity, etc)
Controller Settings/Map: (x-x-x-x, M416-000, M416-001, M416-002,... etc.)
Intake modifications: (type of filter, lid/no lid, prefilter lids, etc.)
Exhaust modifications: (what pipe are you running?)
Internal modifications: (11:1 stock bore piston, web cam, porting, etc)
Comments: (tips, tricks, things you think you should add)

If anyone has any other input into this thread (ie: suggestions on format and the like) please let me know.

Edit: thanks for the input Boom. If any of the PCIII guys have found any special situations where one map seems to work better than the designed one then I'd encourage them to share it.

I'll post this so it can be copied easily and filled in:

EFI Controller:
Controller settings/Map:
Intake modifications:
Exhaust modifications:
Internal modifications:
Comments:
nobody have settings for
DMC'S
prodesign foam
lexx efi
???????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Barkers dual inframe and FCI Intake Kit

i use ->

G-3

Y-6

R-6

YB-4

RB-3

Work's great!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Controller settings/Map: 2.5 - 3 - 3.5 - 3.5 - 5
Comments: With these settings, it runs very good but I have not verified the plug color with these yet, so I might be off, not sure. Altitude is pretty standard, just a couple hundred over sea level and the temps are pretty cold here lately, not sure how that affects settings if at all.
These settings were totally off ^^^

Controller settings/Map: 1.5 - 2.5 - 3.5 - 5 - 3
Internal modifications: HC2, 11:1 Diamond piston
Comments: Plug color is perfect but my idle is a little high (will try increasing gas at idle a bit) and I get a wee bit of ping at W.O.T. when under high load. Not sure if it's lacking on the 3rd pot or if I would need higher octane (running 91), still working the kinks out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
EFI Controller: Dobeck Gen 2 (4 POTS)
Controller settings/Map: 3.5 - 7.5 - 4.0 - 7.0
Intake modifications: Trinity Intake, K&N Filter, Trinity Outerwears, No Lid
Exhaust modifications: Stock, Spark Arrestor Removed
Comments: Did some plug checks with these settings/mods, perfectly tan and really clean. I also verified these settings with Matt from Dobeck Performance. I will be using 3.5 - 7.5 - 6.0 - 7.0 when I install the Barkers Dual Exhaust. Good all-round base settings until one can make it to the Dyno.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was wondering if anyone has had the hmf optimizer efi controller i have one and an hmf competion slip on and the knN kit with no lid just outerwears have trouble figuring out good settings...

41 - 60 of 123 Posts